General Ad Guidelines
- All ads must open in a new browser window when user clicks on them
- All static or Flash display ads with white backgrounds must have a minimum 1px border with the color assigned to #dadada to clearly distinguish itself as advertising from editorial content; additionally, any Rich Media display ad scheduled in a 300×250 or 728×90 ad slot (eg. expandable or in-banner video) with a white background should include a border of the same specifications
- All ads must have the advertiser clearly identified
- Ads should not mislead users into navigating to a site that is not related to the ad content or offer
- Ads may not incorporate faux functionality elements including, but not limited to, elements designed to mimic a PC or Macintosh operating system or dialog box
- Ads must not give the appearance of editorial content
- Ads may not emulate LIN Media web site styles or buttons
- All public policy, advocacy, political or candidate advertising must include a “Paid for by ___” label on all frames of the ad to clearly indicate who placed the ad
- All ads are subject to LIN Media approval – we reserve the right to reject any ad creative
- Ads provided on the LIN Media creative preview site are for preview only. Any ads created by LIN Media are provided as a service and are produced for display advertising on LIN Media digital properties only. They must not be distributed or used on non-LIN Media properties.
Max Files sizes
Static and Flash Display
|Dimensions||Flash Allowed||Max File Size (Image)||Max File Size (Flash*)|
* Not all Flash is classified as Rich Media. Rich Media means non-traditional Flash such as overlays, push-downs, in-Flash video, etc. When creating normal animated Flash files locally, Max File Size (Flash) must be used. Initial, polite and total file sizes are only applicable for Rich Media which requires packaging within a Rich Media framework such as Google Rich Media, Pointroll, etc.
Rich Media Display
|Dimensions / Type||Max Initial File Size||Max Polite File Size||Max Total File Size|
NOTE: Rich Media is not allowed in the 638×60, 320×40, 120×90, 88×31 or 50×25 ad sizes.